Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hello Mister Assault Rifle

In addition to our slight problem getting to the Dead Sea, Leighanne had a personal meeting with an assault rifle. We should of known that security would tighten as you headed toward the Palestinian border, but we neglected to take our passports along. Anyway, it all worked out, I showed my UK Drivers License and smiled nicely and the pleasant soldiers let us through. However, at one particular checkpoint the soldier came onto the bus to check IDs' and walked down the aisle. He stopped next to us in full battle fatigues, flak jackets, with an assault rifle casually slung over his shoulder. To Leighannes' utter shock it came to rest about 5cm from her nose. Without to much effort she could have leaned over and given the noozle a big kiss. At first she didn't realise, but I took it upon myself to inform her of the situation. I had to make sure she was getting the full cultural experience. A few tense moments passed and the soldier made is way off the bus. The next half-hour of the journey was filled with statements such as 'I wonder if the safety was on', etc...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home